SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Monday, February 25, 2013

SFTC Picks for Tuesday 2/26




Hey everyone this will be my first day of doing write ups for my SFTC picks. I’ve been a long time player of the game and I’ve always wanted to do write ups to see how I would do compared to others. So here goes nothing. I hope everyone enjoys the picks and I invite criticize to either my horrible grammar or to make fun of how ludicrous some of my picks are. But I’m hoping that these next couple of days can be a learning experience that can lead to a strong month in March.


We are approaching the end of the month on SFTC so most people are either waiting for March or hoping to close out February strong. However there are some pretty tough picks today. So I will just say a couple of sentences about each with my prediction and a confidence out of 10. 


My pick of the day is Barcelona but I might change that tomorrow if there are any drastic changes in odds or I hear some news that would sway me in a different direction.



10:10  5 games or fewer- This pick is toss up but I think Djokovic easily wins this match. Prediction Djokovic wins 6-1, 6-3. Confidence:2
 

12:00  Sochaux- I think Sochaux is a better team and should advance. Sochaux sits in 15th place in the French Ligue 1 with 27 points and a -11 goal differential. Troyes sits in 19th place in the French Ligue 1 with 20 points and a -18 goal differential. Prediction Sochaux wins 2-1. Confidence: 2


2:45- Any Other Result- I think Everton will win but I think Oldham will keep this match close. With that being said I predict Everton wins 2-0 or 3-1 but it wouldn’t surprise me if Everton did cover. Confidence: 3


3:00- Barcelona- I’m  not a soccer expert but I do know that Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world. This match is the 2nd leg which Real Madrid is up 2-1. I expect Barcelona to come out and win this match. Prediction Barcelona wins 2-1. Confidence: 5


7:00 Dallas Stars- I think overall Dallas is a much better team than Columbus. However Dallas is playing right now against Nashville so it will be interesting to see how they do playing on back to back days. I think Columbus is better than people give them credit for but they certainly not better than Dallas. Dallas is resting their main goalie Lehtonen tonight. Prediction Stars should win this game 4-2. Confidence: 4


7:03 Indiana winning margin or tie- I could see this pick going either way but Indiana is a very good team that could really dominate a Minnesota team that has played really bad recently. I think Minnesota bounces back with a good game. However Minnesota isn’t a great 3 pt shooting team. Prediction Indiana wins by 7 Minnesota makes 5 3 pointers. Confidence:4


7:03- 17  points or fewer- I usually would like to take the over on these kind of props. But I feel the under is just a smarter play. I want to see what the line is for the 1st half but I expect it to be around 65. With that being said Zeller averaged 16.6 ppg and Oladipo averages 14 ppg. With all of that being said I think Minnesota could keep this close and it could be a low scoring half. Prediction 14 pts. Confidence:4


7:04 Auburn Free Throws Made- I think Alabama will want to bounce back at home after a tough loss at LSU. But Auburn averages 14 free throws made per game which I think if they get anywhere close to that then they should win this prop. Prediction Alabama wins by 10 and Auburn makes about 12 free throws. Confidence 3


7:04 Xavier- I’m a big Xavier basketball fan and it’s been hard for me to watch this team play at times this year. But I feel that Mack will have this team ready to play and bounce back after a tough loss on Saturday. I think Memphis is a really good team but they haven’t been tested that much this year with playing in Conference USA. On top of that I think they haven’t had a true road test this year. With all of that being said I think Xavier plays desperate and will put out a win. Prediction Xavier wins 68-65. Confidence:5


7:05 Carolina Hurricanes- I think this is a pretty tough game to pick. You have 2 teams that have pretty similar numbers with goals for and goals against. I do think Washington has played pretty well the last couple of games. But I believe Carolina is a better team. Prediction Carolina wins 3-2. Confidence: 2


8:05 Brooklyn Nets- I don’t think there is a lot to be said about this match. Nets are a better team than the Hornets. Hornets usually play well at home but I think Nets bounce back and get a road win. Prediction Nets win 93-88. Confidence:4


8:10 No – This pick is a toss up. Confidence:1


9:05 Tennessee win or single digit loss- This is a tough game to predict because Florida is a very good team but Tennessee has played really well recently. I think Tennessee should be able to keep this to single digits. Prediction Florida wins by 7 or 8. Confidence: 3


9:06 Stokes and Mcrae- Tough pick to actually write about. I like the Tennessee duo just because Florida spread the ball around on offense. Prediction Boynton + Young score 13 points and Stokes and Mcrae score 15. Confidence: 2


9:06 Florida St winning margin- I really don’t think Wake Forest is a good team. I know there coming off of a huge win against Miami. But I think this is let down game for Wake who hasn’t played well on the road. Prediction Florida St wins by 7 Wake hits 4 3pts. Confidence:3


9:07 Phoenix Suns- Not too much to say about this game. 2 teams that aren’t very good. I think the Suns come out and win this game at home and bounce back after losing 3 straight. Minnesota is not a good road team. Confidence:3


10:13 33 points or fewer- Check back at halftime to see if this pick changes. Confidence: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment