SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

SFTC Picks for Sunday 1/2

Monthly Path(3-5)
Yes
Arsenal by 2
Boston Celtics
Tails
No at least 1 doesn't
Broncos



Happy Groundhog Day and Super Bowl Sunday to everyone!


Straight Up(7-3 Bengals, Saint, 49ers)
Denver Broncos

Spread(6-2-1 Colts, 49ers)
Denver Broncos -2


720 Yes- Most people probably think to avoid this pick but given the history of this pick and the weather the last couple weeks I think people actually have to consider it. Yes has won 100 out of 117 times. Plus No has never won 2 years in a row. Confidence:4

1100 Arsenal by 2- Confidence:2

1130 Penn St- Confidence:1

1230 Pitt- Really tough to play at Pitt and all signs for this game might be first one to 50 wins. Both od these teams are playing really well especially Virginia who finally started to play well since it started ACC play. I think the key to beating Pitt this year is slowing down Patterson which I think Virginia will be able to do here. I have this game as a toss up and would give a slight edge to Pitt because its tough to play at. Confidence:1

1230 Detroit Red Wings- Confidence:2

100 Winnipeg Jets- Confidence:3

100 Boston Celtics- I would feel better about picking the Celtics if Bradley was playing. But Magic are without Nelson here. Orlando has lost 10 straight road games and Boston has won majority of the H2H matchups. Confidence:3

100 Michigan- I really like they should win this game but I think Indiana is a lot better than there record indicates and IU is a really tough place to play. Confidence:2

200 Notre Dame- Confidence:2

230 UCLA - I really like teams that have multiple scorers and don't rely one 1 guy for their offense. I think UCLA is at the top of the Pac 12 right now. Nelson for OSU is legit but I think UCLA has multiple guys that can really guard him and sometimes OSU struggles offensively when he cant get going. Confidence:5

620 Tails- Heads 24-23 all time. Heads last 5 years is the longest streak in Super Bowl history who knows but more of a gut that Heads hits 6 in a row. Confidence:2

625 Denver Broncos- I wanted to write more a detailed writeup for this game but I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be confident either way so I figured why waste my time. More of just some general thoughts but this being Mannings 3rd Super Bowl gives him a huge edge and I think they will be able to dial up enough good plays in this game. I think the weather could play a big factor in this game so it will be interesting to see how the weather will be around game time. Bad weather definitely favors Seattle. The last thing and is why I really don't like this pick is because I think Percy Harvin could go absolutely off. I think the Seahawks need to get him going offensively doing whatever they can to get him the ball. I love the theory that defenses wins championships but I just think Manning finds a way here to get it done. Confidence:2

626 No at least 1 doesn't- I love these kind of picks because there is so many different scenarios that this could hit. But odds wise this is a pretty smart pick. Manning could struggle in the weather and going against the top secondary in the league so he is no lock. Wilson might not throw a TD pass all game. O/U 1st half is 24. I think the under in the first half is a solid play and then these teams make adjustments in 2nd half. Confidence:4

825 Broncos- Whoever is losing in first half. Confidence:3

No comments:

Post a Comment