SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

SFTC Picks for Friday 1/3

Monthly Path(7-6)
Neftekhimik Nizhenekamsk
Zalgiris Kaunas
Matt Kuchar
Warriors/Tajh Boyd
3 or 4 TDs


800 Neftekhimik Nizhenekamsk- I think they should be the favorite here even though the odds point to Moscow. Neft is a very good home team that has struggled of late mainly due to the fact that they have played some of the better hockey teams. Moscow numbers indicate that this game will be close. But I think Moscow is more focused on the Spenglers Cup. I got Neft winning this one 3-1 here. Confidence:2

1245 Zalgiris Kaunas- There are decent favorites here at home. I don't know a whole lot about either team. Zalgiris has won their last 5 at home. Bayern hasn't been that great on the road. Zalgiris should win this one. Confidence:3

540 Matt Kuchar- Kuchar has played in this tournament 4 times and has finished in the top 5 3 of those times. Zach Johnson played in it twice and didn't play that great either time. The first 9 holes have some long par 4s and some par 5s. I don't think that is an advantage to either player since neither drive the ball that far. Kuchar is the better putter and better player in my opinion so I think hes the pick here. Confidence:3

700 Chicago Blackhawks- Even though the Blackhawks lost last night and are playing on back to back nights that could be a good thing for this team to come out motivated. Blackhawks rarely loses a couple games in a row. These teams met in late December and Blalckhawks won 5-2. Devils have been playing better of late and Brodeur is tough at home. I just cant see the Blackhawks losing this one. Confidence:4

700 Pittsburgh Penguins- Any time you can the Penguins at home it is at least a decent pick in my mind. My opinion might be biased because I am a huge Penguins fan. But I just have a hard time feeling good about this game even though they continue you to win despite all the injuries. Rangers have been playing better recently. I watched when these teams played in Decemeber and felt the Penguins got some lucky breaks. Rangers have been playing well late which is why they are 4-1 in their last 5 and have won 10 of the last 13 games on the road. I think the Penguins are the pick here just don't feel good about it. Confidence:2

700 Washington Wizards- Confidence:2

730 New Orleans Pelicans- Confidence:1

730 Golden State Warriors- They should win here despite the Hawks being 12-4 at home. I think Golden State big men are good enough to limit Millsap on the boards. Horford might not play here which is huge for the Warriors. Even coming off of a big win on the road against Miami they are a decent pick here. Confidence:3

734 Missouri(fb)- Missouri has an advantage with speed which I think well be the difference. Confidence:1

830 Los Angeles Clippers- Confidence:2

834 Clemson (fb)- OSU is the favorite by a couple of points. But I really wonder how motivated they are here. Think the injuries and suspensions are a bit of a distraction. Really a toss up but I got Clemson. Confidence:1

835 Tajh Boyd- I think he will have more success against OSU defense. Confidence:1

900 Calgary Flames- Confidence:1

900 Denver Nuggets- Andre Miller is suspended and even though Lawson is playing well this team just doesn't play any defense. Grizzlies are a good road team even on back to back nights. Vegas giving Nuggets 4 points which I think is a little high for this team. They should win this game just I'm not confident in it. Confidence:2

1030 3 or 4 TDS- tough pick. really depends on how the first half goes. O/U in the game set at 70 so they expect around 35 points in the 2nd half. I think both teams come out in the first half and it will be high scoring then 2nd half will be higher scoring. Even though these teams both have good offenses and not the best defense 5 is just too many for me here. Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment