SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

SFTC Picks for Sunday 1/5

Monthly Path (14-11)
Russia
Pistons
Kapernick offensive yards
Yes both score 10
65 or more
17 or fewer


900 Russia - I think they are the pick here just because I don't know how motivated Canada is being in the Bronze medal game. Not sure who really the more talented team is. I would maybe give a slight edge to Canada. The difference in this game for me is I think Russia has the ability to score a lot more because they have a lot of different guys that are talented scores. Confidence:2

100 Detroit Pistons- I think them getting a couple days off will be big. Think Pistons big guys will have success against the Grizzlies here. Confidence:2

105 Chargers single digits- This is definitely the right pick here. This game in  my opinion comes down to Andy Dalton. I've seem him play like 1 of the best QBs in the league and then I have seem him play some awful games where he cant look like he can complete a pass. I think San Diegos defense is  good enough to slow down Cincinnati offense and allow for them to be in this game. I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Chargers won even though the Bengals are undefeated at home.But I got the Bengals winning here by a field goal. Confidence:4

300 Maryland (womens)- Confidence:1

435 San Diego St- I think they are a good enough team to make this game close. But Kansas has started to play well after some tough losses on the road. Not really sure if San Diego St has enough size to play with Kansas. Confidence:2

440 San Francisco 49ers- This is the only game this weekend that I feel remotely good about. Once again I mean no disrespect to the Packers fans out there this is just simply who I think will win. Packers are probably the 2nd team I root for given I know Mike McCarthy. Rodgers was my pick to win the MVP this year and he wouldn't of won given Mannings unbelievable year. But I still think him and Rodgers are 1a and 1b. Packers faded down the stretch in large part due to Rodgers absence. But I think there are other holes in this team that the 49ers match up well with in this game. For one the 49ers defense has only given up 20 points or more 6 times this year. Since their bye week only 3 times. Your talking about a team that is only 4 pts away from being on a 13 game win streak. As far as evaluating QBs I don't think Kaepernick is very good. But I think Crabtree back helps them here and gives the Packers another weapon to have to worry about. The 2 big thinks for me in this game are the 49ers can run the ball better and have a better defense. From what I read Packers will be without Clay Matthews which really hurts their defense. Given the conditions expected on Sunday give me the team with the better run game and better defense.   I think winner of this game has a good chance at making the Super Bowl and I like the 49ers here. Confidence:4

441 Kaepernick offensive yards- Confidence:1

500 Colorado- I think Oregon is the better team but this game is pretty much a toss up. Colorado beat Oregon 2 times last year and has had success against them in the past. Confidence:1

600 Golden State Warriors- There defeintly the pick here and its just a matter of how confident you are. Warriors with Igudola are one of the best in the league and have only lost a couple of times when he starts. I like the way the Wizards have been playing recently except for their last game. A decent pick but not really confident. Confidence:3

603 Arizona St winning margin- I think Arizona St bounces back after a horrible loss against Washington a couple days ago. I think they are the better team and will win. Confidence:2

620 Yes both score 10- Even though weather should play a big factor in this game both teams should get 10 points in the 2nd half.  The concern for me would be to watch the wind in the first half. If teams cant even kick a field goal then I would think about switching. This might be a pick that you have to make it and if it loses then there's just nothing you can do. Confidence:3

700 Carolina Hurricanes- Confidence:3

800 Chicago Blackhawks- Confidence:2

800 Tampa Bay Lightning- Confidence:2

800 Anaheim Ducks- Ducks 9-1 in their last 10 and 16-0-2 at home. Do I really need to say more. Vancouver playing on back to back nights. But Vancouver has had success at Anaheim the last couple years especially in Anaheim. Vancouver was 1 of the hottest teams in the NHL the last couple weeks but lost 3 straight games. This pick for me could depend on whos in net for Vancouver. Lack the backup has played better recently but seems to struggle against the better offesnvie teams in the league. Anaheim most likely wins here even if Luongo is in net. Confidence:4

800 North Carolina- North Carolina has hand some bad games this year some of which they won and others they lost. But they have basically been in every game. I think McDonald back gives them another reliable scorer. James being out hurts UNC and limits their size. I think their guards are much betters than Wakes and will make up for the difference. I could see Wake having success on the boards in this game which could make it a good game but give me UNC. Confidence:4

905 Arkansas St- not really sure what to expect from these 2 teams. The way teams from the MAC have played in bowl games so far really makes me wonder how good Ball st is. They have a really good passing offense that put up big numbers so its hard to know what to expect considering the best defense they played was NIU who didnt look good. I though Arkansas St is the more tested team. I got Ball St in a close one. Confidence:2

906 65 or more- Confidence:1

930 Los Angeles Lakers- Confidence:1

1055 17 or more- Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment