SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

SFTC Picks for Sunday 1/19

Monthly Path(63-51)
Chelsea
Peyton Manning
3 TDs or fewer
Kaepernick
20 points or fewer
Nadal 6-3/ 6-4



Straight Up(6-2 Bengals, Saint)
1. Broncos
2. 49ers
Spread(6-1-1 Colts)
1.49ers +3.5
2. Broncos -5.5- I have went back and forth on this one but if I had to play this game its what I would be on.


I am in a bit of a tough spot here because my preseason pick for the Super Bowl was the 49ers to beat the Broncos. So its tough to for me to even go against it. But I would rather be right for these games than my preseason pick.


1100 Chelsea- I've been talked into liking this pick a lot more. A lot of soccer experts think Chelsea rolls here even though its a pretty big game for both teams. I just have no confidence in taking Man U hoping for a draw especially with no RVP or Rooney. Confidence:3

1230 Chicago Blackhawks- Confidence:2

300 Army- I really don't have a whole lot of insights to this game. Both teams come off of tough losses. But I think Army is a little better and playing at home. Confidence:3

300 Denver Broncos- The first part of this writeup will be more of how excited I am for both of these games on Sunday. The rivalry between 2 of arguable the greatest 2 to ever play the QB position. The first thing that sticks out to me is how well Belichick has done with the team this year giving how many injuries they have had. To think of all the off season distractions and the ability to overcome that is why I always fear picking against the Pats especially in the underdog roll. If the Patriots win this game it will be because they were able to get pressure on Manning. I struggle to think the Patriots will be able to do so with how many backups they have playing. The difference for this game in my opinion is the Broncos leadership/mentality/motivation going into this game. To be a great player on a great team and to lose the way did last year hurts and it sits with you every day of the off season and in the season. I think the difference between the first game this year and this will be Gronk not playing. It puts a lot more pressure on the Patriots to have run the ball effectively which I think Broncos will be geared up to stop. Simply I just cant pick against Manning here. Confidence:4

301 Peyton Manning- I think some people don't understand how well the Broncos ran the ball this year when they played. I could really see them doing that here. But based on the last couple weeks the Patriots have been running the ball a lot. Manning has the  better weapons so I think more times than not he would out pass Brady in a half. Confidence:3

445 3 TDs or fewer- Now I might change this pick only if the first half is pretty much dominated by 1 team. But given how both teams like to run the ball in the red zone I have to like the under on the passing TDs. Confidence:3

500 Carolina Hurricanes- Confidence:2

600 Boston Celtics- Confidence:1

602 Virginia Tech- I honestly have no idea simply because I don't know what Notre Dame team is going to show up. Confidence:1

630 San Francisco 49ers- Like I said above I would rather this pick be right than my preseason prediction. But I feel like a broken record for those that have followed me over the last couple of weekends. I just think the 49ers are playing better football out of the 2 teams. For me the difference for the 49ers the last couple of weeks has been Crabtree. Sure he doesn't make a lot of plays week in and week out but he forces defenses to have to pick who they want to beat them. It frees up Boldin and Davis which gives this 49ers multiple weapons on offense. I really feel that the loss of Harvin will be a big deal. I felt like the Saints did a really good job at control this Seattle offense. The key for me in this game is the team that can get win the battle of the line of scrimmage. I think SF has a little bit better of an OL and I think they have a better front 7 than Seattle does. But I really am not confident in because playing in Seattle with the noise is no joke. Confidence:1

631 Kaepernick- Confidence:1

730 New York Rangers- Confidence:1

800 Oregon- For me in this game is Oregon St at times relies too much on Nelson for offense. I think Oregon has a couple different guys that guard him and really slow him down. For me Oregon is one of the best in Pac 12 because they share the ball and get to the rim when they want. This being a rivalry games makes things tougher especially when both teams have had a week to plan for this game. But give me the Ducks winning this game more times than not even on the road. Confidence:4

800 Phoenix Suns- Confidence:2

810 No- weather could play a factor into this pick. Both of these defenses are good at creating turnovers and I could see either QB throwing a INT. But given that there is no rain expected I think that both QBs will have a good handle of the ball and wont try to force anything in the 3rd. Confidence:2

810 20 or fewer- O/U in this game is around 40. both teams have great defenses I think there is a chance that there could be under 30 points in the entire game so I really like the under here. I might put it up to a 4 depending on the first half. Confidence:2

1115 Nadal 6-3 or 6-4 - Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment