SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Friday, January 3, 2014

SFTC Picks for Saturday 1/4

Monthly Path (8-10) - tough to predict tomorrow depending on when games finish
Atletico Madrid
Cincinnati
Michigan St
Kansas St
Montreal Canadiens
No
LA Kings




I was so determined to get these NFL picks this weekend that I spent a ton of time researching them and still am not sure.




1000 Atletico Madrid- They are a pretty solid pick here. There are the much better team considering they are 15-1-1 in their league this year. Malaga is a decent team that is tough at home. I got Madrid here but considering they have only won 1 game in their last 5 trips to Malaga it scares me a little bit. Madrid will also being missing some key players here with Suarez expected to miss and Gabi and Garcia will both be suspended for this match. Confidence:3

1200 Cincinnati single digits- I think Memphis wins this game but doesn't blow them out. I think Memphis tries to take advantage being more athletic and physical then teams. I feel like UC will be about to match that here and make this game close. Confidence:3

1200 Pittsburgh Panthers- I'm really not sure about this one. Pitt really hasn't been tested yet to this point. But I think NC St will only win this game if Warren has a big game. Confidence:2

1215 Arsenal - Confidence:2

100 Vanderbilt- I think they win here because they are a better team. But if Houstons offense gets going Vandy might not be able to keep up. Confidence:2

200 Michigan State- I really like the Spartans even on the road were IU will be crazy. Spartans are a well coached team and I think frankly just more talented than IU right now. IU will probably get better as the season goes along but I think they rely too much on Ferrell at times. I think MSU and Izzo will be able to exploit that. Should be a good close game but give me the Spartans here. Confidence:4

200 UConn - Maybe I give SMU more credit than some people because Larry Brown is their head coach. But I think SMU matches up well with UConns guards. I think SMU will be able to slow Napier and Boatright down. UConn the more talented team which makes this game tough for me. SMU is actual a slight favorite here but give me UConn. Confidence:3

205 North Dakota St by 15- Confidence:2

300 San Jose Sharks- Confidence:2

400 Boston College- Hard to believe this BC team is really 4-10. This game is basically a toss up but give me the home team here BC needs a win pretty badly. Confidence:1

400 UCF- Kind of a down year for Temples standards I think UCF is the better team and should win this game. Confidence:3

405 Kansas State single digits- Wow...I don't know if a pick could get much better than this. You have a road team favored by 6.5 at a difficult place to play in a big game. Sure OK ST is a really good team with Smart. But Ok St lost their big guy Cobbins and their starting point guard Clark is most likely going to miss this game. Kansas St struggled at the beginning of this year but it looks like they got everything under control. I'm not going to go as far as some people and say they outright win. But I think as long as KST makes some 3s that they'll be in this game late which I would be really surprised if OK ST won by DD here. Confidence:5

405 Duke - Both teams love the 3 ball. I don't think Duke is the 7th best team in the nation this year but they are really good because of Parker. Notre Dame gets hot at times from 3 and it makes them dangerous. My biggest concern is who for ND will try and stop Parker. I don't think they have a lot guys that can. I think Duke is just a better team than ND. Confidence:4

435 Indianapolis Colts- I think being at home will obviously help but I think the Colts are just a better team. For me the Chiefs didn't have that big win that really proved to me that their a good football team. I really mean no disrespect to Cheifs fans that want to tell me I'm an idiot. But I think there is something about a team that beat the Broncos and 49ers this year. I think Andrew Luck knew when to start playing well and got this team clicking at the right time. I think Luck play in the playoffs will be a big edge here. Chiefs have a couple injuries that could be a factor as well. Confidence:2

500 Florida ST- I think this line is a little too high for me. Virginia has really under performed to this point and it will be a big test for me to see if they will starting playing better. Florida St has really over performed to this point beating VCU, UMASS, and UCF. I think Virginia comes out desperate and this game so I think they really have a good shot to win here but I cant pick them til they prove it to me. Confidence:2

700 New Jersey Devils- Confidence:2

700 Toronto Maple Leafs- Confidence:2

700 Montreal Canadiens- Confidence:3

700 Florida Panthers- Confidence:1

700 Carolina Hurricanes- Confidence:1

800 Dallas Stars- Confidence:3

800 Washington Capitals- Confidence:1

800 Phoenix Coyotes-Confidence:2

800 Chicago Bulls- Confidence:4

800 Minnesota Timberwolves- Confidence:1

810 New Orleans Saints- One of the big factors for me is having a  team with good playoff experience in the Saints. Eagles are favored in this game just because of the Saints road record and the expectations about the weather. Ultimately I think the Saints have a better defense than the Eagles. I think we could see a lot of points in this game but if this game comes down to a last second drive in the 4th I want Brees and the Saints. Confidence:2

811 No- I think  No is the better play here just because I both teams will try and run the ball in the end zone. Especially Philly in my mind and it might be a scenario where Foles completes a deep pass and they get tackled inside the 5. But No is the smarter pick in my mind. Confidence:2

940 No- I'll lean Yes here because I think both are capable pick might change if the weather is bad. Confidence:1

1000 Los Angeles Kings- Confidence:2



No comments:

Post a Comment