SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

SFTC Picks for Monday 11/11

Monthly Path (39-27)
Teplice
Novak Djokovic
Kent St
Yes




1200 Teplice- This is a match between 2 teams that seem to be heading in opposite directions. Teplice has won 6 in a row at home and 8 of their last 9. But even though Liberec has struggled recently they are still a really good team and might be able to pull out a draw here. I got Teplice winning 2-1. Confidence:2

105 Boston Bruins- This is better pick here and the money line should make this pick a higher confidence but I don't agree with 100 %. The lightning are 8-2 in their last 10 games and are playing some of the best hockey in the NHL. The Bruins have beaten the Lightning 2 times year and have had a ton of success against the Lightning over the past couple years. But I think the 1 thing Boston can struggle with at times is against teams that really high scoring offesnses. Tampa has 1 of the better offenses in the league and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they end their losing streak against Boston. Confidence:2

300 Yale- UConn should win this game but 20 is a lot even against a young Yale team. Confidence:2

310 Novak Djokovic- I am really excited for this match and still am not sure who will win. I love Nadal but Novak is the better hard court player. In all seriousness I cannot wait to get done with class on Monday and come back and watch this match. For anyone who really isn't a tennis fan this is the perfect match for you to start to watch and really fall in love with the sport. This has a 3 set thriller written all over it. Now there are reasons for both of these players to win and it was why I was so torn and really had to sit back and think and try not to pick with who I want to win then rather who should and will. Nadal in is career had struggled against the top competition on the hard court. Nadal worked really hard and finally started to win on the hard courts this year. There is a part of me that was thinking Nadal will take this match tomorrow and cap off an amazing season as the number 1 player this year. But the more I researched there are simply more reasons as to why Novak will win. 1 is Nadal has already clinched as the number 1 player. Now that doesn't mean he wont come out and play hard but I think it gives him less of a reason to. 2 is I was really concerned when Nadal rolled his ankle in the Berdych match. 3 is Novak has an 11-6 advantage on the hard courts. In their last match in Beijing it really seemed like Novak handled Nadals serve really well and might have figured it out. 4 is I think the court really favors Novak more than Nadal. The money line is really starting to rise which that sometimes puts up a red flag for me that the general public could be overreacting but Novak should win this thriller. Confidence:3

700 Atlanta Hawks- Slight lean to the Hawks here. But I don't think people who really don't watch a lot of NBA really understand that the Bobcats are a different team this year. They might not have the talent to compete with the best teams but they outwork teams. This is the kind of game I think they could win. Confidence:2

700 Boston Celtics-  Neither team should be that great this year. Boston has won 3 in a row and already won at Orlando recently. From what I could tell Boston didn't play that well against Orlando and Celtics came away lucky at the end. I think you might similar kind of low scoring game and could come down to makes more free throws. Spread around 3-4 for the Celtics and the only thing that worries me is with a young team you can see a let down game after they beat the Heat this weekend. Confidence:3

702 Kent St- Confidence:2

840 Miami Dolphins - I don't think the Dolphins are a great team but I mean come on they should be able to beat this Buccaneers team. Buccaneers just have so many issues. But I guess the same could be said about the Dolphins considering what has happened with them. Confidence:2

841 Yes- Confidence:2

905 Utah Jazz- I think this team is better than their 0-7 record. Always tough to play in Utah. Confidence:3

1015 Yes- Confidence:2

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your work and your picks i was just wondering if you could give more analysis for the picks it helps decide what to pick once again thanks.

    ReplyDelete