SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SFTC Picks for Thursday 7/11


Monthly Path(36-23)
Cavendish or Kittel
Minnesota Lynx
Boston Red Sox
Panama
Canada

Trap Picks(4-6)


610 Mark Cavendish or Marcel Kittel- If you have followed my picks so far through the TDF you would know of how much I like Cavendish. It is really hard for me to pick against arguably 1 of the greatest sprinters of all time. The breakdown for this race is it will be a sprint at the end that will be between 4 guys. The other 2 are Sagan and Greipel.  Yesterday Cavendish got urine thrown at him. Which should add an extra motivation for him to win this race. You add in there the reason that Cavendish will want to win because of how bad he performed the other day.  With all of that being said I think this race sets up perfectly for Cavendish to win. You get 2 of the 4 contenders to win tomorrow with the most likely one. Confidence:3

830 Zach Johnson- Both of these golfers have similarities. Stricker is slightly more consistent but I like Johnson. Hard to pick against the tie option when not knowing to expect on the first day of a tournament. 2 Par 5s on the back nine and Johnson shoots Par 5s better. Confidence:2

1205 Minnesota Lynx- The Lynx are -5.5 point favorites in this game. I think that is a little high considering the Fever have won 3 in a row. I tend to like home teams in basketball games. But I couldn't pick against Maya Moore after the way they player on Tuesday. Confidence:2

1205 Toronto Blue Jays- I think they are the pick here. Blue Jays aren't a great road team and the Indians play well at home. Dickey is the perfect image for what an inconsistent pitcher looks like. I never know what to expect from him. Indians will have a rookie making his debut. Even though I don't trust Dickey its really hard to trust a rookie. Confidence:3

155 Nick Watney- Confidence:1

245 St. Patricks- This is the 2nd leg of the match. The first leg was a 2-2 draw. Now I could be wrong when I say this but I think if this is a 1-1 draw tomorrow St Patricks advances. If that is the case I would probably switch my pick but not confident either way. Confidence:1

340 Boston Red Sox- Now maybe I am being way too conservative with this pick but the Red Sox are just a flat out better team. Dempster has not given up more than 3 ERs in his last 8 starts. He has been consistent and solid all year. Maybe hes a due for a bad game. Ramirez is a 2nd year starter that doesn't have a lot of experience. No way I could pick against Boston here giving the talent in their lineup. Confidence:3

710 Atlanta Braves- Think they are the pick here. Hudson and Atlanta play well at home. Latos has been solid all year long but the Reds struggle on the road. Confidence:4

735 Toronto Argonauts- Confidence:1

805 St. Louis Cardinals- I cant pick against them here. Jackson has been pitching a lot better than his numbers indicate. Westbrook is not a good road pitcher which is the only reason I don't feel better about the pick. Confidence:3

830 Panama - Confidence:2

905 Shock 3 pointer made- I actually kind of like this pick. The odds favor it since the Sparks are favored by 6. The Sparks are the more talented team but are 0-4 on the road. I think this has 82-76 written all over it with the Shock making 6 or 7 3s. Confidence:3

940 Arizona Diamondbacks- Miley is inconsistent but I just have to think the Diamondbacks win this game after getting swept by the Dodgers. Confidence:3

1010 San Diego Padres- Marquis at home against an awful road team in the Giants. Confidence:3

1100 Canada w d lby1- Confidence:1

No comments:

Post a Comment