SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

SFTC Picks for Friday August 2

Also if anyone is interested in playing fantasy football then make sure to let me know. I am thinking about creating a league in the next few days. If you want to read more about the league then you can click on the link below.

http://danossftcpicks.blogspot.com/p/fantasy-football-news.html


Monthly Path (5-1)
Rory McIlroy
Rostov WDLby1
Ajax by 3
Isner 2-0
Boston Red Sox
3 or more


Trap Picks (6-7)


940 Rory McIlroy - This is a really tough pick for me. Both guys are some of the best golfers in the world. These 2 will be teeing off on the back 9 nine on Friday. They both shot the same score on there first round. Rory didn't play that well on Thursday even though his scorecard would indicate otherwise. Rory made a lot of good putts to shoot a 70. Snedeker on the other hand hit the ball very well but couldn't get a good feel for the greens. The back nine favors a striker which would mean to pick Rory. I think Snedeker will come out and play better today. Think he will get a better feel for the greens. Rory has not been in that great of form from his last couple tournaments. But Rory played really well here last year finishing in a tie for 5th. Bottom line is I see 2 very good golfers and the tie option here being too good to pass up. Confidence:2

1200 Rostov WDLby1- This pick makes a lot of sense here. But I will say Russian soccer has been proven to have been rigged at points. Anzhi is the better team in my opinion even though they have not played well in their recent games. Rostov on the other hand has played well despite playing some bad teams. I got Anzhi winning a tight game 2-1. Just hoping Anzhi doesn't score a couple goals in the 90th minute. Confidence:3

110 2 birdies or fewer- This is just the safer play. Tiger is obviously more than capable of hitting 3 birdies on the first 3 holes. But all it takes is for 1 bad tee shot to green the under pickers. Tiger loves this course but his 2nd day scores are generally higher. I got him birdieing 3 and 8. But I could see him bogeying 1 of the par 3s(5 or 7). Confidence:3

140 Lee Westwood- I think a lot of people will see Webb Simpson is the leader at -6 and think why would you pick Westwood. I just think Westwood is a better golfer. Simpson is an amazing putter but I think he relies on momentum. I got both of these guys shooting a -1 tomorrow. Confidence:2

200 Ajax by 3 - This is 1 of those picks where I wish I knew more about soccer team and players. Ajax is definitely the better team. But I think a lot of this pick depends on the lineups. Both of these teams are playing really well lately. If Ajax plays their top lineup I think they take this 1. But Ajax just won a game in the Super Cup not too long ago and might rest some players. Confidence:2

330 Barcelona by 2- Surprised this pick isn't will they win by 3. They are just a much more talented team. Don't think I would even change this pick even if they didn't play some of their key players. Confidence:3

410 Isner 2-0 - Isner is a much better player in my opinion. His opponent has played him tough over their history. Even though they haven't play in almost 2 years which I think in that span Isner has gotten a lot better. Isner is a huge favorite to win this match which I agree with. Just hope he doesn't drop a set. Confidence:3

705 Baltimore Orioles- Just a much better team here with a better lineup. Tillman has been solid all year. Harangs road numbers are not very good. He has pitched well against the Orioles in the past. Even though they have been slumping I couldn't pick against them here. I think the money line is a little higher than what I would have it at. Vegas has it around -160. I would say closer to -140.  Confidence:4

710 Cleveland Indians- I got this game as a toss up. Jimenez is a little inconsistent but always seems to win when he is on SFTC. Fernandez is a stud. Give and edge to the Indians because they are the better team and red hot right now. Confidence:1

710 Kansas City Royals- Hard to not pick the Royals here considering how hot they are after winning 9 in a row. I'm a big fan of Gee who has been pitching well but especially at home. Confidence:2

710 Tampa Bay Rays- This is a decent pick considering how the Rays are a better team and at home. Bumgarner has put a pretty good numbers this year even though he has struggled at times. His road splits are slightly higher. Archer has been pitching better of late. I don't like pitchers coming off CGs because I think there is tendency for younger pitchers to struggle even though Archer was efficient and didn't have a high pitch count. But it was against the Yankees who were slumping. I have to pick the Rays here just because of how well they hit lefties and are playing better. Confidence:3

710 Boston Red Sox- I think this pick comes down to Lester. Lester has been up and down all year but has seem to found his groove the past couple starts. Any time Lester is going at Fenway it is a solid pick. Especially with the Red Sox lineup. I really like Delgado but he has never seen a talented lineup like the Red Sox this year. I got them riding the momentum of their comeback win on Thursday. Confidence:4

810 Washington Nationals- I don't care how bad the Nationals have played this year but this pick is based more off of their talent and potential. Zimmerman is a stud and has some of the best stuff in the game. I am slightly concerned though when you look at his past couple outings and you see this guy continually not pitching well. You have wonder if something is wrong with his arm. Gorzelanny is a former pirate so I have been able to seen this guys pitch before. I think he is awful but he has pitched better this year. I have to think Nationals take this game if they want to make any push for the playoffs. Also think they win as long as the good Zimmerman pitches well and I say he will. I might pick this with my streak but I don't think I would tell people to pick this. Confidence:3

1005 Oakland Athletics- I am really shocked with where the money line is at for this game. I would think this pick should be pretty close to a toss up. Ogando is pretty consistent and has done well against Oakland. Milone on the other hand has struggled against Texas. Texas could be tired from their past series but they eat up lefties. Confidence:2

1005 Toronto Blue Jays- I think the Blue Jays are a better team than the Angels. Johnson isn't pitching against which means the Angels wont be spotted 5 or 6 runs. I got the Blue jays in a close one. Confidence:1

1010 New York Yankees- Confidence:2

1110 3 or more- Confidence:1

No comments:

Post a Comment