SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

SFTC Picks for Thursday 8/22

Monthly Path (62-53)
Matt Kuchar
Monfils
No
Wozniaki
Pittsburgh Pirates

Trap Picks (8-11)


I am hoping/thinking StreakMaster will add some picks tomorrow so you might have to check back when I add them and update the Monthly Path.



816 Matt Kuchar- Both of these golfers are very good and should contend this weekend. I think Tiger is more likely to but I love Kuch. Kuchar is always solid and has been the near the top of almost every tournament he was in. I heard some reports today that Tiger's back has been stiff and he really hasn't been able to practice a lot on the course because of it. I know its something that might sound crazy considering Tiger might not need any practice. But considering that could be an issue makes me give a slight edge to Kuchar here. So him having the tie is just a bonus. Confidence:2

1200 Dinamo Tbilisi - I think this pick really depends on what kind of lineup Tottenham uses. I am expecting them to not play all of their good players and focus more on their EPL matches. But I think even if Tottenham does play everyone this will be a relatively close game. Confidence:2

210 No birdie- The first hole is an interesting one. Its a short par 4 with water along the right edge. Probably every player will hit an iron to make it safely on the fairway. Which would set up some birdie chances. But it doesn't look like the green is that big so its going to take a really good 2nd shot for a birdie. You also factor in that the greens are really fast and some players could struggle judging them on the first day. All 3 golfers are more than capable of winning this pick. But its tough for me to think that 1 of them will do on the first day especially with the possibility of someone landing in the water. It could depend on how the hole plays to this point as well.  Confidence:2

300 Florentina- Confidence:1

306 Bill Haas- I got this as a toss up so I would slightly favor the tie option here. I really like Haas and think he could surprise some people this weekend. Phil is always a solid golfer but the way he played in the PGA Championship really worries me to trust him here. Confidence:2

310 Monfils- He is the better hard court player. He beat Verdasco twice before on hard court. He is pretty big favorite here. Confidence:4

705 Philadelphia Phillies- Neither team is playing that great. But since Carlos Gonzalez is on the DL. I have a hard time trusting the Rockies on the road.  Kendrick has been inconsistent but I trust him a lot more than Bettis. This game is pretty much a coin flip. Confidence:1

710 Wozniacki- She is the better hard court player. But Stephens has been playing really well of late. Confidence:3

730 New England Patriots- Confidence:1

805 Baltimore Ravens - Confidence:2

806 No- Just an odds play here. Confidence:3

815 St. Louis Cardinals- The Cardinals are hot and are coming home to play an important 4 game series against the Braves. Kelly has arguably been the Cardinals best pitcher recently. Kelly pitched against the Braves earlier this year and pitched really well. The Braves are a really good team but are battling a lot of injuries right now. Heyward will miss sometime and I am not sure when Justin Upton will be back. Maholm has been good this year but will be making his first start from coming off of the DL. I think its hard to know what a pitcher will do after coming off the DL. I think generally they struggle in their first game or 2. Maholm used to pitch for the Pirates so he has seen the Cardinals multiple times before. A lot of players for the Cardinals have a good history against Maholm. Maholm on the road this year is 4-7 with a 6.03 ERA. I can really find a lot of reasons to not take the Cardinals here. Confidence:5

945 Rushing TD- Confidence:1

1015 Pittsburgh Pirates- Pirates are obviously a good team but Locke has really struggled recently. Cain is too tough at home. Confidence:1

No comments:

Post a Comment