SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

SFTC Picks for Sunday 9/1

Monthly Path
Manchester United
Arsenal
28 or more
Tulsa Shock
7 games or fewer
No

Trap Picks(9-11)


Hope everyone is excited to start a new month on SFTC. There will now be $300,000 up for grabs if anyone can win 27 in a row in September.
I started a group on SFTC and if anyone is interested in joining let me know. I wont turn anyone down but I am just trying to prevent any trolls from joining. If you want your friends to join feel free to let them know. Good luck to everyone in the new month.



830 Manchester United- Liverpool has been playing really well of late. But United is the much better team in my opinion. I think the draw is probably the most likely option in this game because both teams are pretty good. But you would have to think United should have a chance to at least win the game. With that being said I am not sure how you could pick against them here even on the road. Confidence:3

1100 Arsenal -  Arsenal historically has been really tough at home.  Outside of their lose to Aston Villa they usually at least draw in almost all of their home games. Tottenham will be coming off 3 days rest. Since I am not a soccer expert I don't really know the lineup they played in that game but I would have to think they will be slightly tired. Arsenal played against Tottenham twice last year and won both those games. I think they get it done again here in what could be a high scoring game. Confidence:2

105 New York Yankees- 2 lefties on the hill. The Yankees have been playing really well when Pettitte is pitching. Chen has struggled in his last 2 starts. Baltimore needs this game a lot more due to their recent struggles and Chen usually is tough in day games. Confidence:2

107 Kansas City Royals- I really like this pick for a couple of reasons. First off even at home I don't like teams to get sweeps very often. Another reason is Kansas City is still fighting for a wild card so they need this game a lot more than the Blue Jays. On top of that Shields is one of the best pitchers in the game. I think the Royals will give Shields enough run support against Happ who is unpredictable. I would be pretty surprised if the Royals lost this game. Confidence:4

108 Detroit Tigers- Verlander has really been struggling recently. He has already pitched against the Indians 4 times this year. The tigers are 3-1 in those games despite Verlander not having his best stuff. Salazar has pitched against Detroit once this year and they hit him well. I don't trust Salazar that much and that is really my reasoning for picking the Tigers here. I would fade the percentage of being 99% and I think the money line around -155 is a little too high. But I still think the Tigers win this game. Confidence:3

110 28 or more- Confidence:2

135 Boston Red Sox- I am really surprised this game even made it on the board. This is crazy odds even for the first day of the month which I am always hesitant with these picks and makes me think StreakMaster knows something. Boston is around -230 favorites. Rienzo is a rookie that has been a little hit or miss in his starts.  The White Sox don't hit lefties well. Dubront is the better pitcher in my opinion. So given how much of a better team the Red Sox are I see no reasoning to pass on them here on the first of the month. Confidence:5

135 Pittsburgh Pirates- Cardinals don't hit lefties well. They have played great against the Cardinals this year. Confidence:3

145 Sergio Garcia - Confidence:1

210 Houston Astros- Confidence:1

210 Milwaukee Brewers- Confidence:2

300 Valencia- They always play Barcelona tough. I am not sure if Messi is playing. Barcelona will be coming only a couple days rest. I think Barcelona will win the game just not by 2. Confidence:2

305 Texas Rangers- Confidence:2

335 Louisville by 20- I think Ohio is a solid squad but its hard to not pick Louisville here with a most likely Heisman finalist in Bridgewater. Louisville is picked by a lot to go undefeated this year. I think they win this game easily just hope its by 20. Confidence:2

336 Louisville 1st half lead- Confidence:1

405 Oakland Athletics- Oakland is playing better ball as of now. I don't like Hernandez especially on the road. But the Rays are tough to sweep. Confidence:2

410 Cincinnati Reds- Confidence:2

410 Arizona Diamondbacks- Corbin is a stud and the Giants don't hit lefties well. Arizona is just too good of  a team for me to pick against them here with Corbin. Confidence:3

410 Los Angeles Dodgers- I don't think I am going to go into a whole lot of detail on this pick. Greinke has been great this year especially at home. I don't think it matters at who the Dodgers would be playing here the Dodgers would have to be a big favorite. I think the money line should be around -200 which makes this a great pick. Vegas has this around -230. Ross is a good pitcher but given how hot the Dodgers have been I cant pick against them. Confidence:5

430 Tulsa Shock- Neither 1 of these teams are very good. But the Shock have just been playing a lot better recently. It seems Skylar Diggins has found her role in the team and is start to play well. Shock are 4 point favorites here and I agree with that. Confidence:2

600 Colorado St- I got this as a toss up but would lean this way with Colorado ST at home. Confidence:1

710 7 games or fewer- Confidence:1

805 Washington Nationals- Confidence:1

806 No- Nationals ball park is  26/30 in most Home Runs this year. The Mets only have a few power hitters in their lineup that scare me a little bit. The Nationals have some power hitters in their lineup. But Laroche is not in the starting lineup tonight which is big. I think this pick comes down to Jason Werth who is really hot right now. He has a HR in 11/39 games after the all star break. Niese gets the majority of his outs with the fly ball. A lot of the Mets have some good averages against Ohlendorf but none have home runs. I think the much safer play is no. But 4 innings is enough of a time for Werth to maybe get 1 in his second at bat. But given Niese has been good this year I am hoping he can keep the ball down tonight. Confidence:2

945 No-Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment