SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

SFTC Picks for Thursday 9/12

Monthly Path (29-30)
143 or fewer
Tiger Woods
TCU
Patriots Passing TD
No

Trap Picks (9-11)


830 143 or fewer- Whenever I saw that these 2 teams were playing I predicted that the over/under should be at 140. Which is only 3 points but Croatia is a really good team and really gets after it on the defensive end. Confidence:2

1153 Tiger Woods- Tiger is tough to predict at times. But most of the time this year he has been having solid 1st rounds. Scott having the tie option kind of scares me. But this isn't a major tournament and Tiger is the clear odds favorite here. I think Woods more times that not would shoot a solid 1st round. Confidence:2

1240 Atlanta Braves- I never know what to expect out of Garcia. So I have to go Marlins here just because Eovaldi is the better pitcher in my eyes. Eovaldi has had some bad outing at home. But he has pitched very well in day games this year. Braves will generally rest some key players in day games so I would look for McCann and maybe Johnson to both not play tomorrow. Confidence:1

300 Slovenia- Slovenia is a pretty decent favorite here despite losing back to back games. That is a large part due to beating Italy on the road by 8 points almost 2 weeks ago. From everything I saw Slovenia is the better team here. Confidence:2

707 Los Angeles Angels - The Angels and Richards have been really hot recently. But I don't like picking teams to get 3 game sweeps on the road. Hard to trust Happ here but could just be 1 of those games where he pitches well. Confidence:2

710 Boston Red Sox- One of the hottest teams in baseball. Their bats have been absolutely on fire. Rays struggle against Peavy. Peavy is a much better pitcher than Hellickson who will be making his 2nd start after being recalled from the minors. Hard to trust Hellickson here even though the Rays need a win pretty badly. Confidence:3

730 TCU- This game is pretty much a toss up. I think TCU is the more talented team but that Texas Tech could take advantage of some matchups with their offense. Confidence:1

731 TCU score first- Confidence:1

732 Troy- I think Troy is really a solid team. Arkansas ST is good but I don't think they cover here. Arkansas ST won the last 2 times these teams have played against each other. But I think Troy has better athletes and will have more speed on the field. Confidence:2

735 Tulane- Confidence:1

810 Cleveland Indians- Don't trust the Indians on the road or Danks. Confidence:1

830 Jets- I cant believe I am actually recommending this pick or am even saying this. But I thought the Jets didn't look that bad. Even though it was just Tampa Bay. I felt that the Jets defense looked good especially their D line. I feel that with all the injuries the Patriots have it could hurt them on a short week. Don't get me wrong they are clearly the better team. I would be really shocked if they lost this game. But I feel its hard to absolutely dominate a team this early on in the year on a short week. Confidence:2

831 Patriots Passing TD- Confidence:2

1010 No- This is just an odds play and could depend on the score at the half. Like I said in my writeup I think the Jets defense is pretty good. Plus you add in their that Amendola is most likely not playing it takes away another Patriots offense weapon. The only way I would change this is the first half is really low scoring and the Patriots would get the ball to start the 2nd half. Confidence:4

1030 Los Angeles Sparks- Both of these teams are very good. They have played 4 games against each other this year and the home team has won all 4games. The Sparks are 13-2 this year at home this year and that is a big reason why I think they should definitely win this game. Candace Parker is a beast and always has a solid game at home. The Lynx will be coming off of limited rest. Even though the Lynx have won 7 in a row. I cant pass on the Sparks at home. Confidence:3

No comments:

Post a Comment