SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SFTC Picks for Thursday 3/28

Really not an exciting day for picks but atleast March Madness will be starting back up. I will be posting most of my analysis on just the college basketball games.


850 Hunter Mahan- Confidence:2

103 Washington Nationals- Gio Gonzalez is the projected starter. Confidence:3

150 Keegan Bradley- Confidence:1

310 20 games or fewer- Confidence:2

715 Marquette 3 pters- The way I'm interpretating this pick is basically if its straight up. Marquette 3 pt shooting is almost non existent. I am a really big Marquette fan and hearing everyone say they're going to just lose this game because they squeaked by there last 2 games isnt a good enough reason for me. Its just the way Marquette plays. They rotate a ton of bodies and  play so aggressive on the defensive end. Miami is a really exciting team to watch and I  look at them as a very similar team to Marquette but with the shooting power that Marquette doesnt have.  There are 2 things I have against Miami. One is these players have never made it this far in the tournament. They are mature but they are not experienced which I look at as a huge factor in a critical game like this. On the other hand Marquette has made it to the sweet 16 for the third consecutive year. The other reason I dont like Miami is the injury to Reggie Johnson. You dont just erase a guy who averages around 20 minutes a game with 7 pts and 7 boards.  I think it will throw off there rotation and will have to call on some other players to play large amounts of minutes. Which is where I see the critical areas coming into play. With increased minutes Miami will be tired late in the game which I see them throwing a lead away late. Miami ranks 210 in the nation in free throw percentage and granted that is mainly due to there big men but is still not a good number for a team this far in the tournament.  I ultimatley see the difference coming down to rebounding. I see Marquette dominating the boards and getting a lot of second chance points due to their style and hustle. Buzz Williams will have this team ready to play. They will grind out this game. It might be slow and it probably wont be pretty but I believe if they dont win it will be very close and will green the 3pters. My prediction is Marquette hits 5 3s and wins 66-64. Confidence:4

730 Senators- Confidence:4

747 Ohio State- This is a really tough pick for me to do a writeup about since I can see this game going either way. I really dont like Ohio State and think they are really overrated. But I still think they win this game. The key thing I see about this game and it has been about me picking Belmont to beat Arizona is this. How you beat Arizona is stopping Lyons. Kraft is the best on ball defender in college basketball. I dont see Lyons having a great game so I think Arizona will struggle. Sean Miller is a great coach though who coached under Thad Matta. It should be noted this game is in LA which gives a traveling edge to Zona. Ultimately I think Ohio St will be able to win this game 68-62. Confidence:3

747 9 or fewer- Thomas will shoot a lot and this is uncharacteristic of me. But I believe Sean Miller will try to game plan around stopping Thomas. Confidence:2

800 Lakers- Confidence:3

800 Blues- Confidence:2

830 Dallas Mavs- Confidence:4

900 No- confience:1

930 Edmonton - Confidence:3

945 Indiana winning margin- Syracuse has been impressive in their games in the tournament. But I think there run stops here. The most players for Syracuse to make 3s would be 6. I think 4 make them. The key I think to this game will come down to 3pt shooting for Indiana. Which I think with the flexible of Indiana's wing guys will be able to penetrate the zone and find open shooters. I think giving Tom Crean 4 days to prepare for this zone will be all they will need. This team will come out fired up and ready to play. I think they win by around 7-9 points. Confidence:4

1017 La Salle 3s- Eveyrone had these 2 teams right? La Salle is a pretty solid shooting team. I think they have a shot to win this game. Wichita St is know for their toughness. I see a high scoring game where La Salle hits around 6 or 7 3s. I do think Wichita St wins this game though. Confidence:3

1030 Red Wings- Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment