SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SFTC Picks for Wednesday 3/27

I apologize for the technical difficulties so I'm going to start doing writeups for Wednesday already.


900 Traktor-Confidence:1

105 Tigers- Verlander vs Hamels. Verlander hasnt pitched well in Spring Training but its hard to pick against them and they are the better team. I always like to check the lineup before hand to make sure the best players are playing.  Confidence:2

115 18 or fewer- This is a tough pick. I think its a sure thing that Sharapova wins in straight sets so its just a matter of will Errani be able to have 1 good set. Sharapova won yesterday 6-2 6-2 while Errani went to 3 sets. I think Sharapova is more rested and will handle this game. If it goes over it will be no more than 20 but I just dont see that happening. Confidence:2

310 9 or 10- I'm not exactly sure why everyone is picking any other here. Ferrer is -800 to win the first set. I see Melzer winning getting at least a couple of points. I think the 2 most likely numbers are 3 or 4. I feel that this is a pretty decent pick though. I think people that will research this pick will see that any other would have won the last time these 2 played on hard surface. But it was a couple of years ago. I think Ferrer is in real good form and he'll win the first set 6-4. Confidence:3

703 Virginia winning margin - To me Virginia seemed to be motivated and playing well in the NIT. They are a very good home team. Iowa is a pretty good team but they only average around 5 threes a game. Virginia is a very good defensive team. I think they win by around 7 or 8 which I think should be enough for this prop. Confidence:3

705 Charlotte- Charlotte has been playing better lately and Orlando hasnt. Neither of these teams are good so I give the advantage to the home team. Confidence:2

705 Hawks- I dont have a lot to say about this game. Atlanta is around a 500 team on the road and Toronto is around a 500 team at home. If Rudy Gay doesnt play I would feel better about this pick but if he does play like I suspect then this will be a tight game and I dont feel good about either side. Confidence:1

705 Cavaliers- Boston plays tonight in a tough game against the Knicks. I dont feel great about this pick but Cavs play better at home and Celtics dont play well on the road. One stat I found is Boston is 1-4 in the last five games against Cleveland. Confidence:2

705 76ers- This is the 4th game between the 2 teams this year. The Bucks have won all 3 this year. 76ers are tough at home and I dont see the Bucks winning all 4 of these games. Confidence:3

735 Grizzlies- Knicks are tough at home but I think that Memphis's bigs are too dominate down low and will dominate the post. If Chandler does play I might switch this pick. Knicks have a lot of old bodies that I think will struggle playing on back to back days even if they are playing at home. Confidence:3

805 Southern Miss winning margin- BYU averages close to 6 3s a game. I think BYU is good but Southern Miss is just better. I think BYU will struggle with Southern Miss's athletism. If Southern Miss comes out and plays like they have all season then they should win this prop. Confidence:3

805 Rockets- They are 25-10 at home and the Pacers are 15-19 on the road. Rockets are 7-3 in their last 10 games and are on a 3 game win streak. Confidence:3

810 Bulls 3 pts- I think the Bulls will compete in this game. It seems the Heat have tried to cruise in the first half of their last couple games. I think if they try that they could still win but it wont be by much. The Bulls arent a great shooting team but i think if they 6 or 7 they should win this prop. Confidence:4

811 19 or fewer- feel this is a safer pick because Wade is back, heat are on the road and Bulls are solid defesinvely Confidence:2

905 Baylor DD- I think Pierre Jackson wants to go out as a champ. I think they are a far better team. Playing at home will be a plus. Providence is also just 4-7 on the road. Confidence:3

930 No-I feel this is a better pick but it depends on how the first half goes. Confidence:2

1005 Calgary Flames- These 2 teams are division foes. Colorado has won both there 2 games this season. Colorado hasnt been playing well recently and they are 2-10-3 on the road. These are two average teams that I both kind of like. I would feel a lot better about this pick but Calgary will be playing on back to back days. Confidence:3

1005 Sharks- This is game 5 of theire season series. The Ducks have won 3 of the 4 games this All have been tight games. I expect to be the same. Basically my reason for the picks is the Sharks are 8-1-4 at home this year. Granted they havent played well recenlty but I think they need this game much more than the Ducks do. Confidence:2

1040 Portland- They are tough at home and think they win this game. Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment