SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

SFTC Picks for Monday 4/1

The excitement that a new month is finally upon us!!!!

I will say that most of these picks are really toss ups. Since its hard to really determine how some of these pitchers and baseball teams will play. But here goes nothing.



If I hear of any updates or make any changes to my picks I'll try to update them on here quick enough or will tweet them @danossftcpicks. Let me know what you guys think of my picks. I believe the best pick of the day is the Los Angeles Dodgers. Best of luck to everyone today.



730 Manchester United- Both of these teams played acouple of days ago. So its hard to say because we dont know the lineups and how many minutes some key players will play. But I think Manchester United is just the better team. Chelsea has some injuries and really arent in good form. I think ManU will lead off the month with the green.  Confidence:2

105 Boston Red Sox- Tough to pick a road team on opening day but I'm going to do it. Lester didnt have a great year last year and I'm thinking he will rebound this year. This is a tough stadium for him to do that in but the Yankees lineup doesnt scare me. The only hitter is Cano who does scare me. I think as long as they keep him in check the Red Sox will score enough runs to win this game. Here are the projected lineups. Confidence:4

1. CF: Brett Gardner
2. RF: Ichiro Suzuki
3. 2B: Robinson Cano                                                                
4. 1B: Kevin Youkilis
5. DH: Ben Francisco
6. LF: Vernon Wells
7. SS: Eduardo Nunez
8. 3B: Jayson Nix
9. C: Chris Stewart

1. CF: Jacoby Ellsbury
2. RF: Shane Victorino
3. 2B: Dustin Pedroia
4. 1B: Mike Napoli
5. 3B: Will Middlebrooks
6. DH: Jonny Gomes
7. C: Jarrod Saltalamacchia
8. LF: Jackie Bradley
9. SS: Jose Iglesias

105 No HR- Complete tossup. Yankee stadium is a hitters ball park but these pitchers are tough. If the yes happens I'm thinking Cano or Napoli. This is just the safer pick. Confidence:2


110 New York Mets- I think this game could go either way but I like the Mets. Volquez is inconsistency really scares me and is one of the main reasons for this pick. I think Niese is a really under valued pitcher. I think the Mets also have a hitting advantage as well. Confidence:3


210 Milwaukee Brewers- I think this is a no brainer pick but its opening day so maybe they put this up for a reason. Gallardo is clearly the better pitcher and the Brewers have a better lineup because of Ryan Braun. Confidence:4

1. CF: Dexter Fowler
2. 2B: Josh Rutledge
3. LF: Carlos Gonzalez
4. SS: Troy Tulowitzki
5. RF: Michael Cuddyer
6. 1B: Todd Helton
7. C: Wilin Rosario
8. 3B: Chris Nelson
9. SP: Jhoulys Chacin

1. RF: Norichika Aoki
2. 2B: Rickie Weeks
3. LF: Ryan Braun
4. 3B: Aramis Ramirez
5. C: Jonathan Lucroy
6. 1B: Alex Gonzalez
7. CF: Carlos Gomez
8. SS: Jean Segura
9. SP: Yovani Gallardo





300 Fulham- I think Fulham is once again the better team. I like QPR but they are 2-4-9 on the road which scares me. Fulham is 6-3-5 at home and is in pretty good form and have got atleast a draw in there last 12 games except when playing Manchester United or Manchester City. I think the same thing happens here I think they at least get a draw but I would predict a 2-1 win. Confidence:3


405 Los Angeles Dodgers- Two of the best picthers in the game go head to head with Cain vs Kershaw. I give a slight edge to Kershaw. I only see 2 good hitters in the Giants lineup being Sandoval and Posey. Then you go to the Dodgers lineup with Crawford, Kemp, Gonzalez and Either. Confidence:4

410 Los Angeles Angeles- Cueto is coming off an unbelievable season last year. I'm unsure if he can duplicate it again this year. I think he could struggle with the Angels lineup. I think Pujols has seen him enough times when he was with the Carindals to feel good going against him. My reason for this pick is the Angels lineup is better. I think the power hitters will thrive in playing in Great American Ball Park. Confidence:3

410 Chicago White Soxs- I like both of these 2 pitchers. The Royals were one of the worst teams in MLB last year. I think that continues this year. Confidence:3


703 Phillies- Hamels has pitched really well this spring. Its really hard to find a reason to pick against the Phillies when he is on the mound. I like the Braves changes they have made in the offseason. But I think this game is a tossup and would give the edge to the Phillies cause of Hamels. Confidence:2

704 4 or more- Hamels is one the best strikeout pitchers against one of the lineups that I think will strike out the most. I think as long as Hudson strikes out one batter than there should be 4. Confidence:3

705 New Jersey Devils- Tough game to pick. I really dont like to pick the Devils without Kovalchuk but they have played well at home against the Islanders. Islanders have played well on the road. All of the odds are saying New Jersey is a huge favorite kind of unsure why but I wont pick against them at home. Confidence:2

705 New York Rangers- Winnipeg has played really well this year and has really exceeded my expectations of them. Winnipeg has beat the Rangers twice already this year. But I think the Rangers need this game and wont want to get swept by Winnipeg. Confidence:3

733 Any Other Result- I think Kentucky is a good enough team to compete with UCONN. Confidence:3

805 Minnesota Wild- They are one of the hottest teams in the league. They are 13-3-1 at home. I'm not a huge fan of the Blues and it wouldnt totally shock me if they won this game. But I think the Wild take this game. Confidence:2

805 Memphis Grizzlies- Spurs lost a heart breaker to Miami today. Hard to say what will happen in this game but I dont like teams playing on back to back days. Memphis is tough at home. Confidence:3

805 No run- I dont think there is really any use in my doing a writeup for this pick. These pitchers are both solid. But the top of the order should be up batting for the second time. Could go either way.  Confidence:2

805 Boston Celtics- Once again I dont like teams playing on back to back days especially older teams. Its hard to pick the Timberwolves but I could see this game going either way. Confidence:2

933 Georgia Bulldogs- Maybe this pick is a little biased. Now I dont watch a lot of womens basketball but I felt Georgia was really underseeded. I picked them to go to the final four in my bracket so I'm sticking with it. Confidence:3

935 Edmonton- Calgary just traded away their captain. They havent played well as a team of late. They are 3-10-2 on the road. Edmonton is a young team that has been playing well of late. I think they should take this game. Confidence:4

1005 Seattle Mariners- Once again this game is a toss up with 2 of the best starters in the MLB. I dont think there should be anything else to say except how can you pick against King Felix. Confidence:3

1005 St. Louis Cardinals- If you will follow my picks throughout the season you will see that I will tend to almost always pick them. I just think they are really talented. They have one of the best lineups in all of MLB from top to bottom. I really like Wainright but its hard to say how he'll come out and pitch. I dont think Kennedy is good so I dont see why the Cardinals dont win this game. Confidence:4


1035 Los Angeles Clippers- Its hard to ever pick against the Clippers. They have lost 2 in a row and I think they come out really hungry for this game. Pacers have really struggled on the road this year. Confidence:3

1035 Vancouver Canucks- I could really see this game going either way. But in a 50-50 game like this one I usually like to pick the better team. In my opinion thats Vancouver. It does kind of scare me that San Jose has played so well at home though. I think the Canucks will want to erase a bad loss at Edmonton over the weekend. Confidence:2

No comments:

Post a Comment