SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

SFTC Picks for Monday 4/8

Not looking like a whole lot of action for Monday because of the National Championship. My National Championship pick will be semi biased but I feel that I will be right.

I will also be doing a writeup about the golfers I like to win the Masters this year.

If anyone has any questions then send me a tweet @danossftcpicks


Monthly Path
1 Krasnodar
2 17 or no goal
3  Man City
4  No HR
5  Russ Smith
6 70 or more




1100 Krasnodar- I think they are just a better team. I don't think there is really anything else to say since its the Russian Premier League. Confidence:1

205 Boston Red Sox- Initially I was going to pick Baltimore and then with my research I switched. This pick will be pending the lineup but both of these teams have been hitting the ball really well this. Chen is a lefty who I think will struggle with Boston almost all right handed lineup. Bucholz has pretty good history against the Baltimore hitters and I think he continues that today. Confidence:4


300 Manchester United- They are too tough at home. This will be pending the lineups tomorrow. Man City has a pretty big game coming up against Chelsea so they're stars might not play the whole game. Confidence:2

300 17 jersey number or no goal - Here is the way I'm interpreting this pick is basically who do you think scores first for Man U. RVP is the hands on favorite to score first and his number is 20. The other people that are on the over are Welbeck,  Tevez, Kagawa and Powell. The people for the under are Rooney, Hernandez, Aguero, and Dzeko. Those are the top 9 people to most likely score first. I think there is a very good chance that a goal is scored in the first half. I feel that the best option to do that is RVP and that he will. Confidence:3

402 Man City- But depends on the score at half time. Most likely my pick will be who ever is losing at that point. Confidence:1

410 Minnesota Twins- Another hard game to pick but I'm going to give an edge to Minnesota. I simply like their lineup better and I think Kansas City bullpen is tired from having to pitch a lot of innings over the past couple of days. Confidence:3

704 New York Mets-  I think they are just a better team at the moment. I watched Harvey pitch in the college world series for UNC acouple of years so I knew he was talented. I think tonight will be a good test to see how good he really is. On the other hand Halladay has really struggled in Spring Training and in his first outing this year. I give a slight edge offensively to the Phillies because I like their lineup better but have no confidence in Halladay. Confidence:3

705 No HR in fist 3 innings- I think is just the better pick I think the only 2 people who I would think would hit a HR would be Davis or Howard. Confidence:2

705 Toronto Maple Leafs- Confidence:3

923Louisville- This should be a really good game tonight. My predicition for the final four at the beginning of the season was Louisville, Duke, Florida, and Indiana. I did not pick a national champion out of that group. But when the bracket got released I had to pick Louisville. They have been playing the best basketball out of anyone in the country for atleast the past month. There is no way that I can pick against them now. I think the 2 major keys to this game will come down to rebounding and defending the 3. I see Louisville having an edge in both of those. I think Pitino's plan will be centered around slowing down Burke which I think Smith and Siva are more than capable of. On the other hand I'm not sure of how good Michigan is defensively. I know numbers wise they look like a pretty good but I'm not sure that they have seem an offensive attack like Louisville will send at them. I think both of these teams could have success on the offensive glass based on the number of 3s shot. But I think Louisville's bigs are more athletic and will get to more loose balls. The only way I see Michigan winning this game is if they shoot around 50% from 3. I don't see that happening tonight and feel pretty confident that the Cardinals win the National Championship for Kevin Ware. Confidence:6

923 Russ Smith or tie- I'm wondering if SM knows something that we don't. Because if you base this pick on numbers then you would see Burke has struggle in the first half of the tourney and really the only game he played well was the 2nd half of Kansas. On the other hand you have the leading scorer of the tournament with a tie option. I will say this it looked like when Louisville was down big against Wichita that Pitino told Smith to stop shooting. So I'm wondering if that's what is going to happen. But I think Smith/Siva with the rest of the Louisville defense will make sure to try to not let Burke get going offensively. Confidence:3

1035 70 or more- I think this is pretty low but it depends on what happens in the first half. Right now the over under for the second half is 74.5. I will be updating my pick on twitter at half time I will try to do it on here as well. Confidence:5

No comments:

Post a Comment