SFTC Rules

SFTC Rules

Chat


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Monday, June 17, 2013

SFTC Picks for Tuesday 6/18


Sorry everyone but had a long day so I wont have full writeups. Hard to not pick the Heat tomorrow on any streak. I will have the rest of my baseball picks up around tomorrow afternoon.


800 South Korea- Confidence:1

1200 Jordan- Confidence:2

1200 Spain- I would just pick them because of the name recognition. Spains the favorite around -130. Confidence:1

105 Boston Red Sox- These 2 teams will play a doubleheader today. Assuming Boston doesn't rest anybody they should win this game. They lead the season series 7-2. Not a huge fan of either pitcher but I like Doubront a little bit more. Not sure who is pitching this game I am hearing Aceves is pitching game 1. I like Aceves more than Doubront.  Confidence:4

305 North Carolina- I would probably try to stay away from this game if I could. But if I was picking I would take UNC. My opinion is biased but I just think UNC has a little more talent. I think they have an edge with Thornton pitching. He is only a freshman but he has been solid all year. Confidence:2

705 Kansas City Royals- I would pick the Royals in this game. The Royals are 8-2 in their last 10. I usually like teams to respond following a loss but the Indians are in a slump right now. Santana is a very good pitcher and Jimenez has been a little too inconsistent for me to pick. Confidence:3

707 Colorado Rockies-This might surprise some people with this pick here. The Blue Jays are very good and on fire of late. But they struggle against left handed pitchers. I think they could struggle with Francis even though he hasn't been great this year. Francis is 3-0 in his career against the Blue Jays. Rogers has been good this year but I think some people don't know that he is a relieve pitcher that will be making his 4th start of the year. Rockies eat up right handed pitchers. Even without Tulo I think the Rockies should win this game. Confidence:3

710 Boston Red Sox- Doubleheaders are really hard to predict. A lot can depend on what happens in the first game and with the lineups used. I just like Aceves more than Odorizzi. Odorizzi has pitched well against Boston this year though. Confidence:2

805 UCLA Bruins- Confidence:1

810 Houston Astros- 2 bad teams I don't think anyone should pick this but I think the Astros win. Confidence:1

810 Chicago White Sox- Tough game to predict. 2 evenly matched teams. White Sox aren't great on the road but I give them a pitching edge. I just like Axelrod more than Pelfrey. Confidence:2

905 Honduras - Think this is the much safer play. The US has been playing really well recently but i'm just unsure if they can really continue it. I think they could still easily win this game but just not by 2. Confidence:2

906 Altidore or Dempsey or No goal- Thinking theres a very good chance a goal will be scored in the first half but the no goal is nice to have just in case. Ultimately it comes to who you thinks scores first. If you think the US scores first these 2 players will score almost all of the goals. Only person for US who could would be Johnson. Confidence:3

910 Miami Heat- I thought about doing a real deep writeup on this game but I don't think I need to. For the people that follow the sport know the Heat need this game. If they lose this game their season if over and the debate will begin if this year is a failure. Basically I expect the Heat to play a lot better and the Spurs not to shoot the way they did in Game 5. I don't know how you could pick against the Heat in this game. So many trends in this series and season for the Heat but the biggest is how they don't lose 2 games in a row.  Confidence:6

911 Heat halftime lead- I think the Heat come on and get at the Spurs early. Think 5 should be all it would take. Confidence:2

1005 Los Angeles Angels- Think they are the better pick here. But I would pick with caution. Bonderman looked good his last outing but it was against Houston. I give an edge to the LA offense especially the way they have been hitting. But I have no faith in Blanton. Confidence:2

1015 San Francisco Giants- I have been saying this for awhile that Cashner is solid pitcher but some  people don't see his talent. His road numbers are slightly higher. No reason not to pick the Giants here. They are too good a team and especially at home. Cain 3-1 at home this year and think he continues to pitch well at home again. Confidence:3

1030 No don't outscore- Another tough prop but this is what I would most likely pick. I would think the Heat don't let up all game. Heat are a great 2nd half team. Confidence:3

No comments:

Post a Comment